Coins for Change is back again!
Disney Online is taking its Coins for Change program live on December 11. The program allocates $1 million which is targeted to a number of worthy causes — Club Penguin players who participate in the program can choose to support kids who are sick, kids who are poor, or the environment. At the end of the campaign, the players’ donations serve as votes to determine how the $1 million Coins for Change fund is to be allocated.
Just worth mentioning, because it’s one of the coolest, most successful programs in a social / entertainment site for youth kids.
Having said that – there are some great programs run by other sites, such as Dizzywood.com and ElfIsland.com (twitter @gamingforgood) and so on…
Gotta love initiative and positive/proactive events for youth.
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @KerryHerdt @thinkwithwitt @EducatingParent #cybersecurity #privacy 17 hours ago
- First experience w @AlaskaAir & @VirginAmerica merger? Fab! Thanks, mega-awesome #SocMed team. So far, so pheeeew! #CreatureofHabit #Loyal 3 days ago
- Check out our quick wrap on #SXSW! via @modsquad: modsquad.com/blog/thats-a-w… #SXSWInteractive #Austin #Texas #StillHaveMeatSweats #Kidding #Ish 3 days ago
- @VirginAmerica Good to know. Nervous to invest more time/$$ in something that will ult. change my great experience. Keep info flowing! TY! 3 days ago
- Nervous! Hey @VirginAmerica, what does this mean for those of us with “Silver" status? Will that title continue? gizmodo.com/say-goodbye-to… 3 days ago