Keeping an Eye from a far
Symantec launched Norton Online Family in a free public beta, a new, web-based internet safety service designed to give parents tools to monitor their kids’ online lives by fostering communication. Rather than operate in “stealth mode,” the system’s search monitoring and reporting service facilitates feedback from and communication with the kids whose activity it is trying to monitor. The service, developed with input from a prominent council of expert advisors, is available for trial on both Macs and PCs.
Sweet! Since something like 51% of kids are surfing the net unattended, this might be a nice opportunity for parents to figure out what’s going on in the land of naughty kid freedom. Because I’ll tell you what – kids who are surfing the net with their parent are almost CERTAINLY not surfing it the way they would on their own/with friends, etc.
Anyone know more about this?
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @scmills100 @glassbottommeg @orenjacob #privacy #somethingonastickday 2 hours ago
- This little girl is my kindred spirit: youtube.com/watch?v=h1E-Fl… 20 hours ago
- Mod of the Month – March 2017 via @modsquad. modsquad.com/blog/mod-of-th… 21 hours ago
- RT @annecollier: GREAT 2 c student voice & agency here--SO impt. Think a lot of educators would also want 2 c Civic Engagement here https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @thinkwithwitt: #MondayMotivation: Here’s a pile of books that can serve as inspiration -- or at least keep #kids occupied https://t.co/… 1 day ago