Links for today
The Designer’s Notebook on hooks for users
Strategies for sharing UGC content
Growing up social
The New PC Worm Spreads Havoc
Social User Demographics
A Review of Danah Boyd’s Social Networking Thesis “Taken Out of Context”
US Retail Sales fall for the first time in 14 years
Geeky gaming furniture
An online start-up teaches kids math
Teaching kids about online harassment
The age of personalization
Video Games out sell DVD
Getting Facebook peeps to spread your widgets
Puma in football superstars
Teen’s opinions of the super bowl?
Spore targeting kids
Targeting tweens with marketing in these virtual experiences
FusionFall looking to engage more communication
200+ Virtual Worlds for kids developing or Live
John Cleese on Time/Flow of creativity
As always, many props to places like Ypulse, Virtual World News, ShapingYouth.org, and the New York Times/LA Times technology pages. Not to mention my Netvibes (oh, shush, you google reader folks, hahaha), and all the blog resources linked above (and, of course, to John Cleese, for simply existing).
I have each article tabbed on my browser for rambling, but as always, get far too swept up in my day.
Many apologies. Hope you find something in there that works for you!
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @JamesyCantona @NellMerlino @grovergirl72 #edtech #brands 6 hours ago
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @PeterWilt1 @BrianLynch @rebbford #privacy #cpchat 1 day ago
- First experience w @AlaskaAir & @VirginAmerica merger? Fab! Thanks, mega-awesome #SocMed team. So far, so pheeeew! #CreatureofHabit #Loyal 2 days ago
- Check out our quick wrap on #SXSW! via @modsquad: modsquad.com/blog/thats-a-w… #SXSWInteractive #Austin #Texas #StillHaveMeatSweats #Kidding #Ish 2 days ago
- @VirginAmerica Good to know. Nervous to invest more time/$$ in something that will ult. change my great experience. Keep info flowing! TY! 2 days ago