Twin Skies pulls back a bit
Neopets creators Adam Powell and Donna Williams have decided to strip the 3D portion of their MMO Twin Skies in order to focus on creating just another free-to-play online flash game. Originally envisioned as a 3D MMO that users would be able to interact with directly via flash game content, an announcement yesterday on the Meteor Games website reveals that creating a 3D MMO was a bit more than they could handle.
Interesting! 3D is visually amazing, but very difficult to roll quickly with (at least in the beginning). Wonder how they’ll make 2d as satisfying with the older demo they’re targeting – especially when the teens+ are generally more amazed by flashy smashy, and less with the 2d cartoony feel. …At least thats been my interpretation? Who knows, they can always blow the ship out of water and knock our socks off? Time will tell 😉
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @KerryHerdt @thinkwithwitt @EducatingParent #cybersecurity #privacy 11 hours ago
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @JamesyCantona @NellMerlino @grovergirl72 #edtech #brands 1 day ago
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @PeterWilt1 @BrianLynch @rebbford #privacy #cpchat 2 days ago
- First experience w @AlaskaAir & @VirginAmerica merger? Fab! Thanks, mega-awesome #SocMed team. So far, so pheeeew! #CreatureofHabit #Loyal 3 days ago
- Check out our quick wrap on #SXSW! via @modsquad: modsquad.com/blog/thats-a-w… #SXSWInteractive #Austin #Texas #StillHaveMeatSweats #Kidding #Ish 3 days ago