Twin Skies pulls back a bit
Neopets creators Adam Powell and Donna Williams have decided to strip the 3D portion of their MMO Twin Skies in order to focus on creating just another free-to-play online flash game. Originally envisioned as a 3D MMO that users would be able to interact with directly via flash game content, an announcement yesterday on the Meteor Games website reveals that creating a 3D MMO was a bit more than they could handle.
Interesting! 3D is visually amazing, but very difficult to roll quickly with (at least in the beginning). Wonder how they’ll make 2d as satisfying with the older demo they’re targeting – especially when the teens+ are generally more amazed by flashy smashy, and less with the 2d cartoony feel. …At least thats been my interpretation? Who knows, they can always blow the ship out of water and knock our socks off? Time will tell 😉
- RT @TheCLAlliance: 'The real issue is not social media but learning.' What Schools are Really Blocking When They Block #SocialMedia https:/… 16 hours ago
- RT @modsquad: For folks in community and customer service, hearing this makes any day better: You made my day! #MakeTodayBetterIn4Words [AR… 18 hours ago
- <3 | Her “Midnight Ride”: I’m Pissed I Never Learned About 16-Year-Old American Hero Sybil Ludington via @womenysk womenyoushouldknow.net/her-midnight-r… 18 hours ago
- RT @TonyRomm: Wow, fmr FTC Commish Julie Brill joining Microsoft as corporate vice president and deputy general counsel for privacy and reg… 20 hours ago
- RT @modsquad: For anyone working in the 24/7/365 space: “The coffee is ready” #MakeTodayBetterIn4Words https://t.co/lIqesMljfX 21 hours ago