Izzy’s Rant about Obvious VW Depth
- Backgrounds should NEVER look like backgrounds/backdrops, etc. (If you know what that means, then you’re ahead of the battle)
- Locations in a virtual world should never feel cold or empty.
- CONTENT CONTEXT, PEOPLE.
- Obvious without Insult.
- However you feel when making the world ABOUT the craft – then that’s what your audience will feel at the max – if not less.
- The more difficult to accomplish the simple/obvious, the less users will engage.
- You needs GOALS for nearly everything.
- Story DOES NOT happen right away.
- The amount of time a user engages with an activity matters (both quest planned, or randomly) – think about it in creation and see how it fits in your production schedule against things that could keep entertainment lasting longer!
- Organic play patterns in an “oh, well duh” simplicity
Okay: kids/tweens? They want to slip into a virtual world and feel like they belong instantly – or at least have enough encouragement and enticement to be willing to put forth effort in the participation of a virtual world. The more accepting and non-obvious easy you can make their transition from clueless noob – to interest peaked participant – to returning user – to eager member, the easier you’ll find your audience becoming proud users, evangelists, and recruiters >> which are all typically paying members (if registration is your thing).
If you want your audience to have enough respect in your product to encourage a 3rd party source (parentals with lock down on wallet & credit card) to buy in… then you have to respect every aspect of your product.
- RT @TheCLAlliance: 'The real issue is not social media but learning.' What Schools are Really Blocking When They Block #SocialMedia https:/… 16 hours ago
- RT @modsquad: For folks in community and customer service, hearing this makes any day better: You made my day! #MakeTodayBetterIn4Words [AR… 18 hours ago
- <3 | Her “Midnight Ride”: I’m Pissed I Never Learned About 16-Year-Old American Hero Sybil Ludington via @womenysk womenyoushouldknow.net/her-midnight-r… 18 hours ago
- RT @TonyRomm: Wow, fmr FTC Commish Julie Brill joining Microsoft as corporate vice president and deputy general counsel for privacy and reg… 20 hours ago
- RT @modsquad: For anyone working in the 24/7/365 space: “The coffee is ready” #MakeTodayBetterIn4Words https://t.co/lIqesMljfX 21 hours ago