I Want This Kid’s Job
DR PEPPER plans to announce on Wednesday that, for the first time, it is promoting a professional athlete on bottles that it will distribute nationally. But the shaggy-haired athlete on the label is not a traditional sports star: he’s a 21-year-old who has a three-year, $250,000 contract to play video games.
I’m sorry… HOW MUCH to play video games? Yeeeeeeeaaaahhh… I now reflect on my many conversations in the past with various adult figures about how video games don’t make you successful. Oooo how the tides have turned!
What I’m currently playing this week:
- Hello Kitty Online (I will ramble about this in the coming week as I form exactly what it is I want to say)
- Club Penguin (I’m going to master that darn ninja card game
- Webkinz’s Triple Strike Solitaire (I’m addicted, it has replaced the neopets blocks game)
- Pixie Hallow (in short bursts)
- Spineworld (which requires more of my attention than I can give, but that doesn’t stop me from going back)
- Moshi Monsters (I refuse to see the cheats about the Moshlings, and I’m trying to do it the old fashioned way of discovery… but alas, after multiple weeks, still unable to score a Moshling… won’t stop me from trying tho)
- This little girl is my kindred spirit: youtube.com/watch?v=h1E-Fl… 1 hour ago
- Mod of the Month – March 2017 via @modsquad. modsquad.com/blog/mod-of-th… 1 hour ago
- RT @annecollier: GREAT 2 c student voice & agency here--SO impt. Think a lot of educators would also want 2 c Civic Engagement here https:/… 21 hours ago
- RT @thinkwithwitt: #MondayMotivation: Here’s a pile of books that can serve as inspiration -- or at least keep #kids occupied https://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @KerryHerdt @thinkwithwitt @EducatingParent #cybersecurity #privacy 2 days ago