There was no escaping the strength of “Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa” as it bowed domestically to an estimated $63.5 million from 4,056 theaters.
Family pic, from DreamWorks Animation and Paramount, narrowly scored the best opening of the year for an animated title, besting the $63 million for Disney-Pixar’s “Wall-E,” according to the preliminary results.
“Escape 2 Africa” — which also the saw the seventh best opening of all time for a toon — marked a rollicking start for the holiday box office.
Anyone hear anything about the Madgascar MMO/VW that was floating through news reports earlier in the year?
With results like this, one can’t help but wonder what they’re next step will be… Continue with the MMO thriving experience, or just pump out another craptastic video game to “compliment” the movie (ahem…. all the Shrek video games…)? th
- #PTO #Teachers #Parents - something to look into! #iCanHelp is magical. twitter.com/icanhelpline/s… 6 hours ago
- RT @gcouros: Simple yet profound statement a teacher shared - "The more innovative I have become, the less I have to worry about classroom… 6 hours ago
- RT @missdoomcookie: Childlike wonder: ENGAGED! "NASA Reveals Largest Batch of Earth-Size, Habitable-Zone Planets Around Single Star" https:… 6 hours ago
- This is perfection. twitter.com/modsquad/statu… 6 hours ago
- “Honest opinions” and “facts” are not the same, folks. This move could be detrimental to many: ftc.gov/news-events/bl… 7 hours ago