There was no escaping the strength of “Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa” as it bowed domestically to an estimated $63.5 million from 4,056 theaters.
Family pic, from DreamWorks Animation and Paramount, narrowly scored the best opening of the year for an animated title, besting the $63 million for Disney-Pixar’s “Wall-E,” according to the preliminary results.
“Escape 2 Africa” — which also the saw the seventh best opening of all time for a toon — marked a rollicking start for the holiday box office.
Anyone hear anything about the Madgascar MMO/VW that was floating through news reports earlier in the year?
With results like this, one can’t help but wonder what they’re next step will be… Continue with the MMO thriving experience, or just pump out another craptastic video game to “compliment” the movie (ahem…. all the Shrek video games…)? th
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @scmills100 @glassbottommeg @orenjacob #privacy #somethingonastickday 1 hour ago
- This little girl is my kindred spirit: youtube.com/watch?v=h1E-Fl… 20 hours ago
- Mod of the Month – March 2017 via @modsquad. modsquad.com/blog/mod-of-th… 20 hours ago
- RT @annecollier: GREAT 2 c student voice & agency here--SO impt. Think a lot of educators would also want 2 c Civic Engagement here https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @thinkwithwitt: #MondayMotivation: Here’s a pile of books that can serve as inspiration -- or at least keep #kids occupied https://t.co/… 1 day ago