Facebook vs Facebook: The Strange power of Community
NEW YORK (AdAge.com) — In her appearance at the American Magazine Conference last week, Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg said it was “good” that so many consumers are using the Facebook product to protest the Facebook product. Her remarks came as 2.7 million Facebook users were being urged to boycott the social site next weekend. The Facebook-protest community to which they belong has now become the social site’s fifth most popular group.
I wish I had time to ramble today – because I find SO MANY aspects of this to be both entertainment (in a industry-folk kinda way), as well as keenly poignant about facebook, social networking, adjusted/evangelistic users, and company response.
Every time i read that paragraph, I get something new out of it. Luvs it!
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @JamesyCantona @NellMerlino @grovergirl72 #edtech #brands 6 hours ago
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @PeterWilt1 @BrianLynch @rebbford #privacy #cpchat 1 day ago
- First experience w @AlaskaAir & @VirginAmerica merger? Fab! Thanks, mega-awesome #SocMed team. So far, so pheeeew! #CreatureofHabit #Loyal 2 days ago
- Check out our quick wrap on #SXSW! via @modsquad: modsquad.com/blog/thats-a-w… #SXSWInteractive #Austin #Texas #StillHaveMeatSweats #Kidding #Ish 2 days ago
- @VirginAmerica Good to know. Nervous to invest more time/$$ in something that will ult. change my great experience. Keep info flowing! TY! 2 days ago