Happy Cyber Safety Month, Ya’ll
In order to bring awareness to cyber security, October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month, an annual event. The US Department of Homeland Security, the National Alliance of Cyber Security and EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Computer and Network Security Task Force, along with other various organizations, are working together to bring much needed attention and information to the public regarding various online issues and concerns. EDUCAUSE is sponsoring another college student video contest this year.
May you have a month of complete non-web-identification/exploitation/harassment/shenanigans-of-unpleasantness.
And while you’re hopefully enjoying that month… take a moment to think about what cyber safety means to you, your family, your job, your community, your “freedom”, as well as those who are fighting the good fight.
Which begs the question – how are you fighting the good fight for cyber safety???
- RT @nyctechmommy: Starry Station: Manage Kids Screen Time Like a Boss bit.ly/2msBE5Y #spon #digitalkids #momlife https://t.co/eHUc… 14 hours ago
- RT @modsquad: Meet ModSquad’s Director of Client Services, Jason Ferguson: bit.ly/2o2pe13 #ModSourcing #ModsNotCubes [AR] https:/… 14 hours ago
- PROUD OF YOU, TOBY!! #WorkHard #Talent #Artist #ClaireAndTheKeys twitter.com/tobycochran/st… 14 hours ago
- RT @jaybaer: A1(b) It's interesting that Facebook recently pulled back on their version of chatbots using Messenger. Not ready for primetim… 15 hours ago
- Tip: legislation protecting kid private data is pronounced COP-PA, like old-timey “I surrender, Coppa!” #DigitalKids (Not a cabana) #COPPA 15 hours ago