Community Peeps & Parents: Jargonbuster!
Sometimes it may seem as though you need a translator to understand what your teenager is talking about. With a new slang word seemingly invented every week; many parents find it difficult to keep up with the latest phrases and sayings. This is why we’ve come up with a teen-speak jargon buster. Put together by teenagers and parents, this dictionary of ‘teenglish’ (complete with definitions) should help break down the language barrier.
For those boosting up their chat/phrase filters – here’s a UK tool that will help you stay on top of the times! I digg it (see what I did there – “digg” being a social bookmarking device… and dig, as in- i like this tool… Okay, I’m a dork)
Props to ypulse for the find!
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @KerryHerdt @thinkwithwitt @EducatingParent #cybersecurity #privacy 17 hours ago
- First experience w @AlaskaAir & @VirginAmerica merger? Fab! Thanks, mega-awesome #SocMed team. So far, so pheeeew! #CreatureofHabit #Loyal 3 days ago
- Check out our quick wrap on #SXSW! via @modsquad: modsquad.com/blog/thats-a-w… #SXSWInteractive #Austin #Texas #StillHaveMeatSweats #Kidding #Ish 3 days ago
- @VirginAmerica Good to know. Nervous to invest more time/$$ in something that will ult. change my great experience. Keep info flowing! TY! 3 days ago
- Nervous! Hey @VirginAmerica, what does this mean for those of us with “Silver" status? Will that title continue? gizmodo.com/say-goodbye-to… 3 days ago