Toy Industry Study on Product to Web Play
Toy Industry Association Study on Kids and Online Play, 28% of Kids Who Use “SGE’s” have Purchased Products
The Toy Industry Association (TIA) and market researcher NPD Group have authored a research study, Online Play: Earning Mom’s Trust and Children’s Interest. The report is designed to help industry players understand what’s driving moms and kids ages 2 to 14 to social, gaming and/or entertainment (SGE) websites. More than one-quarter (28%) of kids who use SGE sites have purchased either a physical item or digital content from these sites, according to the report. Kids are engaging in virtual worlds often upwards of 16 hours each week – creating avatars, playing games, earning and spending virtual currency, and socializing. These online-offline web-connected products offer enhanced play value and are the glue that bonds these digital natives, Generation Z (kids 2-14) to a new generation of play, according to TIA officials.
Great article. Click the link for more. Love to ramble about it, but sadly short on time today. Enjoy!
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @jtoddcoleman @icanhelpline @rollinbishop #privacy #dataprotection 26 minutes ago
- Sun is out in LA and I’m sporting my #Ilvermorny alumni sweatshirt. Let’s do this Wednesday! 27 minutes ago
- RT @cultureodignity: Love that @Teenvogue has become a voice for young women! ow.ly/MX3d309eit3 @TheDailyShow interview with @ElaineW… 17 hours ago
- RT @illywhacker1: Here's the link to today's parent presentation on eSafety bit.ly/2lF9Gmy #edchat #digitalkids https://t.co/PjIJT… 18 hours ago
- RT @ThatsWightman: Hey Instagramers c/o @ChildrensComm report #GrowingUpDigital w @instagram TOS in plain/kid lang childrenscommissioner.gov.uk/sites/default/…… 18 hours ago