Toy Industry Study on Product to Web Play
Toy Industry Association Study on Kids and Online Play, 28% of Kids Who Use “SGE’s” have Purchased Products
The Toy Industry Association (TIA) and market researcher NPD Group have authored a research study, Online Play: Earning Mom’s Trust and Children’s Interest. The report is designed to help industry players understand what’s driving moms and kids ages 2 to 14 to social, gaming and/or entertainment (SGE) websites. More than one-quarter (28%) of kids who use SGE sites have purchased either a physical item or digital content from these sites, according to the report. Kids are engaging in virtual worlds often upwards of 16 hours each week – creating avatars, playing games, earning and spending virtual currency, and socializing. These online-offline web-connected products offer enhanced play value and are the glue that bonds these digital natives, Generation Z (kids 2-14) to a new generation of play, according to TIA officials.
Great article. Click the link for more. Love to ramble about it, but sadly short on time today. Enjoy!
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @scmills100 @glassbottommeg @orenjacob #privacy #somethingonastickday 2 hours ago
- This little girl is my kindred spirit: youtube.com/watch?v=h1E-Fl… 20 hours ago
- Mod of the Month – March 2017 via @modsquad. modsquad.com/blog/mod-of-th… 21 hours ago
- RT @annecollier: GREAT 2 c student voice & agency here--SO impt. Think a lot of educators would also want 2 c Civic Engagement here https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @thinkwithwitt: #MondayMotivation: Here’s a pile of books that can serve as inspiration -- or at least keep #kids occupied https://t.co/… 1 day ago