Disney’s new Internet Safety Site
The best form of Online Safety begins at home with you, the parent. We offer you the following tips to keep your child safe on the Internet.
The best way to know what your child is doing online is to ask. Whether you ask other parents, an Internet-savvy friend, or your child about how they use the Internet – asking the right questions will help you understand what your child is doing online so you can make sure they are making safe online choices.
Questions to ask your child:
- What sites do you visit?
- What do you do on those sites?
- Why do you go to that site?
- How much time do you spend on the site?
- Did you have to register?
- What information did they ask for?
- What information did you give?
Spend time surfing the Web with your child. This is a great way to learn about what types of interactions your child is having online, and with whom.
This is great, grand, and all that in between. Fantastic steps forward from a big dog company that can help spread the right kind of information to parents…
Big Props to Disney for startin’ something that will be HUGE for families to arm themselves. I look forward to seeing what else they are going to provide with this site as a tool.
I know Mattel and Club Penguin and other such sits are looking to do more parent interaction, and that’s brill. The more information we can stream into the public in brightly lit areas, the more information will sink in, process, and pass along.
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @jtoddcoleman @icanhelpline @rollinbishop #privacy #dataprotection 27 minutes ago
- Sun is out in LA and I’m sporting my #Ilvermorny alumni sweatshirt. Let’s do this Wednesday! 27 minutes ago
- RT @cultureodignity: Love that @Teenvogue has become a voice for young women! ow.ly/MX3d309eit3 @TheDailyShow interview with @ElaineW… 17 hours ago
- RT @illywhacker1: Here's the link to today's parent presentation on eSafety bit.ly/2lF9Gmy #edchat #digitalkids https://t.co/PjIJT… 18 hours ago
- RT @ThatsWightman: Hey Instagramers c/o @ChildrensComm report #GrowingUpDigital w @instagram TOS in plain/kid lang childrenscommissioner.gov.uk/sites/default/…… 18 hours ago