Disney’s new Internet Safety Site
The best form of Online Safety begins at home with you, the parent. We offer you the following tips to keep your child safe on the Internet.
The best way to know what your child is doing online is to ask. Whether you ask other parents, an Internet-savvy friend, or your child about how they use the Internet – asking the right questions will help you understand what your child is doing online so you can make sure they are making safe online choices.
Questions to ask your child:
- What sites do you visit?
- What do you do on those sites?
- Why do you go to that site?
- How much time do you spend on the site?
- Did you have to register?
- What information did they ask for?
- What information did you give?
Spend time surfing the Web with your child. This is a great way to learn about what types of interactions your child is having online, and with whom.
This is great, grand, and all that in between. Fantastic steps forward from a big dog company that can help spread the right kind of information to parents…
Big Props to Disney for startin’ something that will be HUGE for families to arm themselves. I look forward to seeing what else they are going to provide with this site as a tool.
I know Mattel and Club Penguin and other such sits are looking to do more parent interaction, and that’s brill. The more information we can stream into the public in brightly lit areas, the more information will sink in, process, and pass along.
- RT @TheCLAlliance: 'The real issue is not social media but learning.' What Schools are Really Blocking When They Block #SocialMedia https:/… 6 hours ago
- RT @modsquad: For folks in community and customer service, hearing this makes any day better: You made my day! #MakeTodayBetterIn4Words [AR… 8 hours ago
- <3 | Her “Midnight Ride”: I’m Pissed I Never Learned About 16-Year-Old American Hero Sybil Ludington via @womenysk womenyoushouldknow.net/her-midnight-r… 8 hours ago
- RT @TonyRomm: Wow, fmr FTC Commish Julie Brill joining Microsoft as corporate vice president and deputy general counsel for privacy and reg… 10 hours ago
- RT @modsquad: For anyone working in the 24/7/365 space: “The coffee is ready” #MakeTodayBetterIn4Words https://t.co/lIqesMljfX 11 hours ago