BBC + Star Farm = Kaimira
BBC Worldwide announced a development deal today with Star Farm Productions. The two will develop the latter’s Kaimira Multimedia, an IP revolving around a five-book fantasy series set in a post-apocalyptic future where humans, animals, and machines all compete for dominance, in a global agreement that covers TV, MMOGs, and other media.
Book one, “The Sky Village,” is set to release this summer and already has an interactive Web tie-in, but the partners look towards a future where fans can “become part of the Kaimira world by creating characters, building tribes, developing stories and working together to face challenges.”
“Kaimira represents everything we want to be part of in our growth strategy in the Children’s business here at Worldwide,” Gill Pritchard, BBC Worldwide’s Director of Children’s, said in a statement. “The development deal we have agreed with Star Farm allows us to collaborate in a 360 degree approach to the creative and business strategy of Kaimira including the development of TV, web, gaming and feature film. Working with leading partners in this way gives us the opportunity to input on the commercial success from the outset and this 360 degree approach is key to tap in to the changing needs of our audience.”
WOOT WOOT! WELL DONE, CHRIS and SF CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chris Rettstatt, a mighty awesome brainchild behind the Kaimira Trilogy is a great friend– and ex-cowork at Star Farm Productions (my almamater in a sense).
It’s a GORGEOUS epic, and I can’t wait to see what becomes of this adventure!
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @JamesyCantona @NellMerlino @grovergirl72 #edtech #brands 6 hours ago
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @PeterWilt1 @BrianLynch @rebbford #privacy #cpchat 1 day ago
- First experience w @AlaskaAir & @VirginAmerica merger? Fab! Thanks, mega-awesome #SocMed team. So far, so pheeeew! #CreatureofHabit #Loyal 2 days ago
- Check out our quick wrap on #SXSW! via @modsquad: modsquad.com/blog/thats-a-w… #SXSWInteractive #Austin #Texas #StillHaveMeatSweats #Kidding #Ish 2 days ago
- @VirginAmerica Good to know. Nervous to invest more time/$$ in something that will ult. change my great experience. Keep info flowing! TY! 2 days ago