Club Penguin gets some props
The Webby Awards are a big deal in the internet industry, having got more or less glitzy according to the fortunes of the industry during their 11 years of operation. This year’s nominations have just been announced, and Disney’s Club Penguin virtual world has scooped a nomination.
It’s in the ‘Youth’ category, and will face competition from ChannelOne.com, National Geographic Kids, Nick.com, and Scholastic. However, I’m wondering if next year, the Webby awards couldn’t expand to include a dedicated virtual worlds category, such is the growth in this space (yes, many of them would be aimed at young people).
Props penguins!!! And It’s awesome to see National Geographic kdis & Scholastic in the mix too. Nick.com has done some much needed improvements to their site – which couldn’t have been easy considering all the content they have battling for first tier attention. Granted, they still have that darn Neopets trailer thing that turns on when i arrive at nick.com, and trailers with loud music/voice overs, etc? Booo. Not a fan.
I’ve got my fingers crossed for the Penguins. They’ve done a rock star job making a thorough, deep environment for tater tots.
I do agree– there should be a couple virtual worlds categories, since the expansion over the year has been great (mmo, vp, etc).
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @KerryHerdt @thinkwithwitt @EducatingParent #cybersecurity #privacy 17 hours ago
- First experience w @AlaskaAir & @VirginAmerica merger? Fab! Thanks, mega-awesome #SocMed team. So far, so pheeeew! #CreatureofHabit #Loyal 3 days ago
- Check out our quick wrap on #SXSW! via @modsquad: modsquad.com/blog/thats-a-w… #SXSWInteractive #Austin #Texas #StillHaveMeatSweats #Kidding #Ish 3 days ago
- @VirginAmerica Good to know. Nervous to invest more time/$$ in something that will ult. change my great experience. Keep info flowing! TY! 3 days ago
- Nervous! Hey @VirginAmerica, what does this mean for those of us with “Silver" status? Will that title continue? gizmodo.com/say-goodbye-to… 3 days ago