Tween Social Communities get a double Nod
webkinz, club penguin Among Top 10 2007 Fastest Growing Google Search Terms
Google announced its fastest growing search terms for 2007 and two virtual worlds brands showed up in the results. Webkinz came in at #2 and club penguin came in at #6. So while consumers may not have a clue as to what virtual worlds these two brands have certainly captured consumer attention. Top 10 list below:
6. club penguin
10. anna nicole smith
Awesome! They beat out facebook. Nice. And Transformers is on that list? That’s surprising in an over-all sense.
But, this doesn’t surprise me too much: the two largest youth VW’s high on a google list. About 90% of the tater tots I’ve worked with on computers use the google search bubble to find the site they’re going to, even if they already know that the name of the site is the URL address. They don’t like maneuvering their fingers around to get the www and the .com. Why not just write the word and click the link? Seems a lot less typing-restrictive for the wee ones, doesn’t it? The advanced tweeners are just conquering the tippy type, like the sound of heavy raindrops on a keyboard. The others are not quite there, and are workin’ the chicken pecking (as my high school computer teacher called it).
Chicken pecking + long stretches of fingers w’s and (shift + > = .) com’s. Less work.
Blogged with Flock
- RT @TheCLAlliance: 'The real issue is not social media but learning.' What Schools are Really Blocking When They Block #SocialMedia https:/… 6 hours ago
- RT @modsquad: For folks in community and customer service, hearing this makes any day better: You made my day! #MakeTodayBetterIn4Words [AR… 8 hours ago
- <3 | Her “Midnight Ride”: I’m Pissed I Never Learned About 16-Year-Old American Hero Sybil Ludington via @womenysk womenyoushouldknow.net/her-midnight-r… 8 hours ago
- RT @TonyRomm: Wow, fmr FTC Commish Julie Brill joining Microsoft as corporate vice president and deputy general counsel for privacy and reg… 10 hours ago
- RT @modsquad: For anyone working in the 24/7/365 space: “The coffee is ready” #MakeTodayBetterIn4Words https://t.co/lIqesMljfX 11 hours ago