More about the Lurkers!
Virtual Worlds News: Police Use Virtual Worlds to Hunt for Real-World Crimes
Police Lt. Charles Cohen has been traveling around the country to educate police in how to use virtual worlds, online social networks, and other Web 2.0 properties to look for clues–shades of CSI and Law and Order. “People under 25 tend to think about what is public versus private information differently from the rest of us, and that is great for law enforcement investigators,” Cohen, 37, told his audience in Arlington, at a conference of the National White Collar Crime Center. Later, he told the AP that “Your computer usage is in some ways a window into your soul.”
Check out the link above to read more about police using social networking for crime watching & youth.
The part that is dead on, and yet incredibly creepy?
“YOUR COMPUTER USAGE IS IN SOME WAYS A WINDOW TO YOUR SOUL!” I wouldn’t go that far at all… but it definitely is a window into your private life– whether that private life lives in your head (double identities & lying) or into your past or even into your current maniacal plans.
Blogged with Flock
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @KerryHerdt @thinkwithwitt @EducatingParent #cybersecurity #privacy 17 hours ago
- First experience w @AlaskaAir & @VirginAmerica merger? Fab! Thanks, mega-awesome #SocMed team. So far, so pheeeew! #CreatureofHabit #Loyal 3 days ago
- Check out our quick wrap on #SXSW! via @modsquad: modsquad.com/blog/thats-a-w… #SXSWInteractive #Austin #Texas #StillHaveMeatSweats #Kidding #Ish 3 days ago
- @VirginAmerica Good to know. Nervous to invest more time/$$ in something that will ult. change my great experience. Keep info flowing! TY! 3 days ago
- Nervous! Hey @VirginAmerica, what does this mean for those of us with “Silver" status? Will that title continue? gizmodo.com/say-goodbye-to… 3 days ago