The Mod Squad: I love My field of choice.
Okay… I have to say it.
Within the last few months I’ve had the priviledge to run into community people… most of which were in “the biz” (as in entertainment). You’d think rival ‘biz’ companies people would be a bit more cautious… a bit more dog-eat-dog… ESPECIALLY since communities are the “it” thing of the moment.
But you know what? No!
I have met some AMAZING peeps in the community biz (and the media blog biz too). No one has been all “hush-hush” or super secretive. We’re all in this together– trying to do the BEST by kids & brands & companies.
Community Managers, teams, etc: we’re people people. Hahaha, sounds odd, right? People people indeed! Seriously 🙂
We’re mediators– the voice from the brand to the people, and the voice from the people to the brand, trying to do the best by all. We understand the need from the end user, the bond between fans, the adoration for the product, the power of the people, and the need to be safe and well looked after.
Rival Company Moderators CANNOT really abide by negative outlooks. Why? Hahaha- because we have too many other things to worry about! (I sound like my mom there, go fig). We’re keeping kids safe (or completely out of the system), keeping identities guarded, protecting the brand, inspiring everyone, engaging communication, managing areas, keeping the ALL important balance of management (brands/community government) and the users (people/enthusiasts). We all have something to share. It’s like rival school teachers… you never really heard anything about beat downs with North School & South School’s librarians did you? Heck no.
Like teachers, we deal day in and day out with (ahem) “creative” new interactions between our audience. We can only learn from each other and better the situations we come across through learning experiences of others.
Anyway, enough of this “moderator” love fest. I just really hope– if you deal with communities online or work with a community manager– you can realize what a GREAT field it is to work in right now. 😀
- RT @nyctechmommy: Starry Station: Manage Kids Screen Time Like a Boss bit.ly/2msBE5Y #spon #digitalkids #momlife https://t.co/eHUc… 14 hours ago
- RT @modsquad: Meet ModSquad’s Director of Client Services, Jason Ferguson: bit.ly/2o2pe13 #ModSourcing #ModsNotCubes [AR] https:/… 14 hours ago
- PROUD OF YOU, TOBY!! #WorkHard #Talent #Artist #ClaireAndTheKeys twitter.com/tobycochran/st… 14 hours ago
- RT @jaybaer: A1(b) It's interesting that Facebook recently pulled back on their version of chatbots using Messenger. Not ready for primetim… 14 hours ago
- Tip: legislation protecting kid private data is pronounced COP-PA, like old-timey “I surrender, Coppa!” #DigitalKids (Not a cabana) #COPPA 15 hours ago