Rock on! Yomod hits the net
Yomod, A New Youth Entertainment Network Aimed At 8-14 Year Olds Debuts
New site allows kids to post and watch cool videos, find friends in a safe environment
LARKSPUR, Calif. – September 20, 2007 – Yomod, LLC announced today that it has launched its new safe social media site for kids 8-14 years old, Yomod.com. Designed to reflect modern youth culture, Yomod is one of the first independent media and entertainment sites geared toward 8-14 year olds. Yomod is a free online media publishing and social networking service which offers its registered users a place to post and watch age-appropriate videos, create and personalize their own Yomod page, write their own blog and find and network with friends. Yomod.com will also offer an age-appropriate online entertainment channel, which combines licensed animated an! d other produced videos with user-generated video submissions for both registered and non-registered users. Yomod is one of the first sites for the 8-14 year old demographic, exceeding current online privacy and safety standards, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Yomod gives kids a fun, independent, online experience and gives parents peace of mind, knowing that Yomod is a safe choice for their kids.
“We recognized that there are very few quality sites for the 8-14 year old market and that there are no such sites that give kids the power to select and interact with the media content on the site,” said Brian Anderson, President of Yomod. “There’s no doubt this is a computer savvy demographic, and we felt they needed a place online they could make their own. We all understand the serious risks to children online. Yomod is meant to be fun for kids, but it is also meant to give parents a safe option when their kids approach them about using the Internet.”
To register on Yomod, kid and parent provide certain information to Yomod, including parent’s credit card number which Yomod uses to verify parental consent and help keep Yomod safe. Once registered, the parent is not required to do anything more—Yomod staff review all content on the site. Registered uses can do the following:
- Personalize: Users can create their own and view other member profiles in the closed network
- Share: Yomod members can share their photo collection with friends, write a weekly blog on his or her favorite television show, and or submit a video for publication on the public entertainment channel
- Interact: Members can view, rate, comment on and share with friends a weekly animated video series or a funny photo gallery published on the public entertainment channel.
“At Yomod we place the responsibility on our team to ensure the safety of our users,” said Mr. Anderson. ”We want to not only be the premier online destination for kids, but, as an organization, a team of people that do everything they can to keep kids safe.”
Yomod.com is one of the first websites built for people around 14 years old and younger that combines elements of community, video and photo sharing in a fun and safe environment. Founded in 2006, Yomod is privately held and headquartered in Larkspur, CA. For more information visit http://www.yomod.com <http://www.yomod.com/> .
WELL DONE, TEAM YOMOD!! I can’t wait to check it out!!!!!!
- This little girl is my kindred spirit: youtube.com/watch?v=h1E-Fl… 55 minutes ago
- Mod of the Month – March 2017 via @modsquad. modsquad.com/blog/mod-of-th… 1 hour ago
- RT @annecollier: GREAT 2 c student voice & agency here--SO impt. Think a lot of educators would also want 2 c Civic Engagement here https:/… 21 hours ago
- RT @thinkwithwitt: #MondayMotivation: Here’s a pile of books that can serve as inspiration -- or at least keep #kids occupied https://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @KerryHerdt @thinkwithwitt @EducatingParent #cybersecurity #privacy 2 days ago