GoPets + Windows Live Messanger = good?
Microsoft Casual Games announced today that it had integrated Windows Live Messenger with GoPets, a Korean-based virtual world that lets users adopt a pet, customize it to their liking and interact with other pet owners in the virtual world. The partnership will give GoPets, currently in open beta, access to the much larger user base of Windows Live Messenger, but it sounds like Microsoft is interested in exploring how to integrate social networking, 3D capabilities, and virtual worlds into Messenger. “GoPets on Windows Live Messenger takes instant messaging to the next level of 3-D interactivity,” said Chris Early, product unit manager for Microsoft Casual Games. “Teaming up with GoPets enables us to provide the Windows Live Messenger network with this new social networking experience.”
GoPets is a free-to-play game with a velvet rope-style premium option. Users can purchase shells that can then be exchanged for goods to decorate their pets. It is unclear how Windows Live Messenger will integrate all of GoPets functions. Currently the service is offered to the Messenger network in the United States, Australia, Japan and Korea, with expansion planned to more than 30 countries by the end of 2007.
Note the bolded sentence. That’s where my question lies. The target demographic on this is YOUNG. How are they going to keep content safe & secure for the youngin’s?
Time will tell. My eagle eye will be firmly focused. 😉
- The latest The Izzy Neis Daily! paper.li/izzyneis?editi… Thanks to @scmills100 @glassbottommeg @orenjacob #privacy #somethingonastickday 2 hours ago
- This little girl is my kindred spirit: youtube.com/watch?v=h1E-Fl… 20 hours ago
- Mod of the Month – March 2017 via @modsquad. modsquad.com/blog/mod-of-th… 20 hours ago
- RT @annecollier: GREAT 2 c student voice & agency here--SO impt. Think a lot of educators would also want 2 c Civic Engagement here https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @thinkwithwitt: #MondayMotivation: Here’s a pile of books that can serve as inspiration -- or at least keep #kids occupied https://t.co/… 1 day ago